Santa Ana Public Schools Foundation
In 2010, SAUSD Trustees Dr.Yamagata-Noji, Mr.Rob Richardson, district and community volunteers set in motion the application process to establish a non-profit foundation, following the dream of retiring superintendent, Jane A. Russo.
The vision for the Foundation is to augment, supplement, or complement programs and activities currently being provided by the Santa Ana Unified School District.
The foundation was launched on June 23, 2011, as a tribute to the illustrious career of Superintendent Jane A. Russo as a lasting legacy on the impact she had made on countless students served by the Santa Ana Unified School District.
The purpose of the Santa Ana Public Schools Foundation, a non-profit public corporation (501(c) 3, is to benefit Santa Ana Unified School District by:
• Supporting and sustaining programs and activities that maximize student achievement.
• Supporting and sustain programs in the performing arts such as drama, music and dance.
• Supporting and sustaining programs in the visual art forms such as ceramics, drawing, painting, sculpture, printmaking, design, photography, video, filmmaking and architecture.
• Supporting and sustaining collaborations and partnerships with businesses, foundations and student families.
• Raising funds and providing scholarships, classroom grants, family learning events, health services, student mentoring.
• Assisting, supporting SAUSD in attaining educational, cultural, scientific, English language and technological goals.