Schools First Federal Credit Union
In the midst of the Great Depression in 1934, 126 school employees pooled $1,200 to form the Orange County Teachers Credit Union. It provided safety and security for its Members, when they needed it the most.
Through the depression, wars, recessions, great booms and a financial crisis in 2008 and 2009, the Credit Union remains a beacon of hope for Members and their families. Reflecting our geographic expansion, we changed our name to SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union in 2008, and today have 50 branches.