Habitat for Humanity of Orange County Welcomes Families to Their New Homes in FullertonDecember 02, 2019MEDIA ALERT
Contact: Hector Zermeno, Hector@gomixte.com, 619-732-0789 x432
ORANGE COUNTY – December 2, 2019
Habitat OC website
Our Homes website
Habitat OC building videos
DECEMBER 7: Habitat for Humanity of Orange County Welcomes Families to Their New Homes in Fullerton
- Four families to become homeowners at dedication ceremony
- Habitat OC completes 4 homes in Fullerton, totaling 223 homes in Orange County
Preparations are underway for the dedication of four new homes built by Habitat for Humanity of Orange County. The lives of four families will be transformed when they receive the keys to their new homes in Fullerton, California, at a dedication ceremony on Saturday, December 7. The four families will officially become homeowners in a county where housing prices soar above the national average.
Since 1988, Habitat OC has completed more than 200 new homes for families in need in Orange County. These homes have provided access to affordable housing for nearly 4,000 people. With each home built, Habitat OC is creating a community where all people have an affordable place to live.
Habitat OC families, donors, elected officials and volunteers will gather to witness four families receive the keys to their new homes. Mayor Jesus Silva of Fullerton, along with Council Members Jan M. Flory and Ahmad Zahra, and Orange County Supervisor Doug Chaffee will be among the guests at this momentous occasion.
- Four families receiving the keys to their new homes and telling their stories
- Ribbon cutting and tours of the newly built homes in Fullerton
Saturday, December 7, 9:30 to 11 a.m.
Schedule of events:
- 9:30 a.m. – Registration/arrival of guests and families
- 10 a.m. – Program begins - Includes remarks from dignitaries, presentation of house keys to families, brief remarks by families and donors, and a neighborhood blessing
- 11 a.m. – Program ends - ribbon cutting and tour of homes begins
ADDITIONAL DETAILS AND CONTACT:
- Organization: Habitat for Humanity of Orange County
- Date and time: Saturday, December 7, at 9:30 a.m.
- Interviews: Contact Hector@gomixte.com, (619) 732-0789 x432, to interview a leader from Habitat OC or one of the families from Fullerton
- Link to use in your story:
Habitat for Humanity of Orange County is a nonprofit organization headquartered in Santa Ana, California that strives to eliminate substandard housing through advocacy, education and partnership with families and individuals in need to build decent, sustainable and affordable housing. The organization is dedicated to eliminating substandard housing locally and worldwide through constructing, rehabilitating and preserving homes; by advocating for fair and just housing policies; and by providing training and access to resources to help families improve their shelter conditions. This mission is made possible through the efforts of dedicated volunteers, generous public and private donors and staff from all backgrounds to ensure that every man, woman and child has a simple, durable place to live in dignity and safety. Habitat OC is an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, which works in more than 70 countries. For more information, please visit: habitatoc.org.